<![CDATA[Working from your home office gives you the advantage of having fun in your office in a way you never could in most traditional offices. Sometimes when we work from our home offices, it can become more of a chore than a joy. Make it a fun place, and inspiring place, and if you don't normally see clients, it doesn't have to match anyone else's perspective professional. I would personally love my office to resemble a room in a castle, complete with balcony. Not possible at the moment so I make the most fun with what I've got. Here are some ideas to accomplish this:
- Play your favorite music – just be sure to mute it during client phone calls. It doesn’t matter how loud you play it, who are you going to disturb? (Sometimes my husband will work from home too so I have to be quieter then)
- Put up fun twinkle lights around your desk
- Deck out your office with fun gadgets from places like Office Playground
- Put up artwork from your kids and favorite pictures of playtime
- I have a stuffed animal collection – all the adorable little cuties Michael’s given me since we met
- Create nooks in your office that inspire you and bring happiness to your soul (here is where I’ve created my Castle).
- Have your pet provide comic relief – our pet Patches is a nut, and we’ve decided she’s our Director of Puplick Relations.